- Plant a fruit tree.
- On order....should arrive in April!
- Gather poles for bean TP's
- Fallen branches from the woods and old dried sunflower stalks.
- Spray paint bed frame for flower trellis
- Bright turqouis or yellow
- Start seeds indoors
- Cool season crops and plants
- Warm Season crops and plants
- Start seeds outdoors
- Cool season plants
- warm season plants
- Prepare bed for wildflowers
- Make a mulch path
- Hand collect and destroy pests.
- Make a container water garden feature
- For wildlife and sound environment
- Map and Measure the backyard, note any permanent plants
- Enrich the garden soil with compost and topsoil where it needs it.
- Can/Preserve/dry excess fruits and veggies
- Learn about the bioregion
- 5 new native trees
- 5 new native shrubs/ woody plants
- 5 new native wildflowers
- 5 new native edible plants(and try them!)
- Attend the Chicago Garden Show at Navy Pier.
- Visit the Chicago Botanic Garden at least once.
- Get a bike and use public transit more often.
- Build a solar oven
- Earthworm bin composting project
- Make homemade soap
Weekly Goals: 19th-25th Feb.
- Clean dog leavings in yard.....
- Keep house plants watered
- Trim/ manicure houseplants
- Water cactus
- Check seed starting scheduals and prepare starting containers
- Measure yard onto grid paper
- Start garden journal